Signed in as:
- My Account
Signed in as:
Pharmacogenetics, also called pharmacogenomics, is the study of how genes affect the body's response to certain medication.
Genes are parts of DNA passed down from your mother and father. They carry information that determines your unique traits, such as height and eye color. Your genes can also affect how safe and effective a particular drug could be for you.
Genes can be the reason the same medicine at the same dose will affect people in very different ways.
Genes may also be the reason some people have bad side effects to a medicine, while others have none.
Pharmacogenetic testing looks at specific genes to help figure out the types of medicines and dosages that may be right for you.
How it works:
1. You are seen in the office where the provider collects a detailed history and performs a physical examination.
2. We collect a simple, painless cheek swab.
3. This is sent to and processed by the lab.
4. We receive a detailed report.
5. The provider goes over this information with you and changes medications based on your results!
Your insurance is billed directly from the lab for the swab.
We do charge for an office visit.
Cal us today to be scheduled at 615-785-8288
Boro Medical & Lifestyle Clinics
268 Veterans Parkway Ste F Murfreesboro, Tennessee 37128 USA Veteran Owned and Operated
Copyright © 2019 Boro Medical Clinic, PLLC- All rights reserved.